Install PHP 7 on Windows
- Download the ZIP file for PHP7.3
- Create a folder called "PHP7" in your C: drive
- Go to Control panel -> System variables
- Add a System path variable called "PHP7" with the path "C:\PHP7"
- If you see an application error, download the VC++ 2015 update
- If you are missing a .dll download and install it into your machine. Google search "missing 'dll file name' ddl file
Install composer on windows
- Windows has a setup.exe file that installs composer
Install composer on Unix based systems
- Download composer.phar from the "manual download" section
- Move composer.phar to /usr/local/bin/composer (remove the .phar extension)
- chmod 777 /usr/local/bin/composer
Download and install Git bash.
Download and install VirtualBox host.
Download and install Vagrant by HashiCorp.
Run the following command in your terminal to install homestead on vagrant
vagrant box add laravel/homestead
Download atom and install some Laravel plugins for it.